Tuesday, November 6, 2001

First Big Project

It was November 2001, only a month after my sewing career began, and my niece Lexy was on her way into this world.  I got the bright idea to make her a quilt.  MY MISTAKE:  The quilt soon turned into a bumper pad, curtains and a bedskirt for her room.  I wrestled with the quilt and the bumper pad and cursed high-loft batting for the first time.  I then realized that she would be 5 before I finished this project and decided I needed backup!  I packed up the remainder of the fabric and sent it to my mom so she could complete the bedskirt and curtains for me (Thanks Mom!!).  MY ADVICE:  Start small and stay small for a while.

Considering I was still GREEN and had no idea what I was doing, it turned out to be a sweet baby's room.  Once I finished this project, I swore I would never do a project like that again.  MY CONFESSION:  I have had many projects like that since.

No comments:

Post a Comment