Saturday, January 30, 2016

Wallin Motor Speedway Quilt




Do you like the fans?  It was the perfect fabric for this project! 



January 30, 2016    My latest completed project. No surprise but I started it a couple of years ago.frown emoticonAll I had to do was add the back and bind it and you know how I hate to do binding!! This project started out as individual track pieces that I had hoped could be rearranged according to David's mood at the time.  I couldn't figure out how to join them easily.  So, it turned into a play mat/quilt.  I would not have used felt had I known i was going to make it a quilt :(  In the end it turned out well and will hopefully last through years of play. 

It is the Wallin Motor Speedway for my friend Terri's kids. Once I realized her little boy David was into helicopter's I had to add a helipad for injured race car drivers (he he). You know I love helicopters since that is what Jim flies. Such a cool job! I am traveling to Ohio next week and I figured it was the perfect opportunity to finish a project. It is now complete and ready to be packed for the trip (YAY!).

No comments:

Post a Comment