Sunday, December 20, 2015

Jacobean Garden Embroidered Quilt

December 20, 2015      I signed up for my first official machine embroidery class when I walked into Sew Little Time quilt store and saw a sample of this quilt hanging on the wall.  I was awed by it!  Two good things came from it: First, I learned a ton about machine embroidery with this project.  Second:  I met one of my best friends, Mable Pigati during this class.  We spent countless hours cursing and drinking during this project.  We have been cursing projects and drinking margaritas ever since :) :)

This was my first continuous/multi hoop machine embroidery quilt. I am again ashamed to say that I picked it up from the quilter on March 14, 2012.  It has taken me 3 years and 9 months to sew the binding on :(   I am always floored at the amount of time that passes between quilter pick-up and binding completion!!  On my behalf, it was a very large quilt (92 x 91) and I planned an entire wedding since I picked up the quilt.  No excuse really, I just hate to hand sew binding!!!  
92"W x 91" L





No comments:

Post a Comment