Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ashley's Something Old & Something Blue

November 2014   I am a sentimental person and I wanted to do something special for Ashley's something old and something blue. I decided to do an applique embroidery on the train of her dress. I found a nice heart pattern and decided to use one of Jim's old blue shirts for the outer heart and on the inner heart I place part of an old hankie from Ashley's great grandma Dee Marie Rector.  It was a little unnerving sewing onto her dress but all went well with no mishaps :)   It turned out awesome!
For Ashley's something new, we bought her a new pair of pearl earrings and a new bracelet from her Aunt Karen.  For her something borrowed, she used her grandma Reba's pearl necklace and her grandma Heidi's pearl bracelet.




No comments:

Post a Comment